The tree canopy stamp from the Beauty of Friendship stamp set makes a pretty, soft background and then use the stamp set to complete the card.
I would suggest watching my Watercolor Background Technique Video to see how this card is made, but here are some quick instructions:
- Spritz a 3 1/2″ x 5″ piece of watercolor paper with water. It should be wet but not have any pools of water sitting on the surface.
- Ink up the smaller large tree canopy stamp from the Beauty of Friendship and stamp onto the wet paper. The ink will diffuse with the water creating a unique soft, swirly background.
- Use a blue ink for the top (sky) and a green ink for the bottom (forest).
- After the piece is completely dry, stamp the greeting and tree image.
- Layer onto a 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Cardstock.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the layer and tie with a knot.
- If desired put a 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ strip of designer paper along the edge to ‘fill in the space’, and adhere everything to the. card front.
The Soft Succulent card base is a bit dark so I added a 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Basic White to the inside and stamped the greeting with Evening Evergreen. I’m really loving these new green inks! Then I added a scrap of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper.
- Choose $155 of Products – Pay $99
- Free Shipping
- Free Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Box of Catalogs
- Business Supplies
- Weekly Email Newsletter
- 20% Discount on all orders
- Half Price on Classes at The Roost
- Early Access to Catalogs
- Demonstrator Only Events
- Become a Member of a creative Social group