For this STAR’s challenge, we are show casing the 2019-2021 In colors and I’ve chosen Purple Posy. Each year there are 5 new In Colors introducted and they are available for 2 years.
This card was one of the cards from my technique class that took place this past week. The Purple Posy ink is temporally unavailable due to quality issues but make sure to keep watching for it to be available, this is an awesome color. The paper is a beautiful soft purple and works great for floral cards.
1. Start with a piece of Purple Posy cut to 4″ x 9″. Score at 2″ and 7″ on the long side, turn and score at 2″ on the short side.
2. Measure 1 1/2″ from the score line and mark with a pencil, do this on all 4 score line corners.
3. Cut 4 pieces of Perennial Essence DSP 1 3/4″ square and adhere to the outer corners of the base.
4. Cut 1 piece of Perennial Essence DSP 4 3/4″ x1 3/4″. Measure 1 1/2″ in on both bottom edges and cut the corners off at an angle so that it will fit on the center between the diamonds.
5. Cut out a 3″ x 2 1/4″ Layering oval of Purple Posy. Stamp the flowers in Purple Posy and flower centers with So Saffron. Stamp another set of flowers onto a post it note and cut out a mask. Cover the flowers with the mask, and stamp the leaves and stems with Soft Sea foam ink. Stamp the greeting with Tuxedo ink over the flowers, just a hair below center.
6. Cut out a second oval using the Stitched Shapes 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ die. And layer the two ovals.
7. Stamp 3 sets of leaves onto Soft Sea foam cardstock with Soft Sea foam ink. Punch out with the leaf punch and adhere to the bottom half of the oval. Use the cardbase to align the leaves so that they don’t get folded when the diamonds are folded in.
8. Use dimensionals on the bottom half of the oval to adhere to the cardbase. Place 2 of the Designer Element embellishments below the greeting oval. To fit in envelope, fold the sides under the center.
Be sure to check out more Stamping with the STARS inspiration (#DOswts315):