Check out the Stampin’ Up! retiring list now! The Sliding Door Dies are on sale while supplies last for only $10.80, WOW! what a steal! Of course, that’s just one example of the savings that you can reap from the retiring product sale.
For this card, I have combined the cat and bird from the Grace’s Garden stamp set and the words from the New Wonders Hostess set.
1. Cut a card base 8 1/2″x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″. Set aside until later.
2. Cut a piece of cardstock 4″x 5 1/4″ and use the slider framelit from the Sliding Door Dies. Place it just a hair lower than center to allow room for the slider rail. Emboss with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder.
3. Stamp a barn door on colored cardstock and another on white with black ink. Cut out both using the Sliding Door Die. Use a scissors to remove the middle sections of the white door and glue onto the colored one.
4. Cut the rail, rollers and handle from basic black paper. Adhere handle onto the door. Wait to adhere the rollers and rail until the door is on the slider to get the placement correct.
5. Stamp the greetings onto a 2 1/4’x4″ piece of whisper and adhere or use the Garden Gateway Die and make two arched doors to stamp the greetings onto.
6. Punch out 4 pieces of light cardstock using a 5/8″ circle punch. (If you don’t have a 5/8″ punch, I think that a 1/2″ punch would work) Place a mini dimensional in the center of each. Position the circles under the embossed piece with the dimensional sticking through the slider slot. Decide where to position the circles in relation to the door, then remove the adhesive cover from the dimensionals and stick the door onto them.
7. Use strips of foam adhesive to adhere the “wall” with the door to the cardbase and then add the rollers, slider bar and door handle.