Are you looking for a quick and easy card layout for those times when you need to make a card in minutes? This simple Flip It Layout might be the answer to the problem.
This card uses the Snailed It stamp set, matching Snail Dies, and coordinating Snail Mail designer paper, but any coordinating stamps and double sided designer paper would work great too.
- Start with a card stock base either top or side fold. This card uses a top fold base so was cut 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of designer paper 5″ x 4″ and then cut into 2 pieces so that you have 2 pieces that are both 4″ wide. For this card the pieces are 3 1/4″ x 4″ and 1 3/4″ x 4″. But, when you cut your designer paper use the design to determine where the cut will be. For example, if your paper has a gorgeous flower right in the middle, cut below or above it.
- Adhere one piece of the DSP to the top portion of the card base, flip the other over and adhere to the bottom portion of the base.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ strip of card stock the same color as the card base and adhere over the spot where the two pieces of DSP meet.
- Add ribbon, die cut pieces, greeting label, and embellishments as desired.
I love shopping clearance racks! The ribbon on this card is actually a clearance rack find from about a dozen years ago. It isn’t really ribbon, it’s yarn and I have no idea how many cards you can circle with a skein of yarn but I bought about 8 different colors and have enough for my lifetime. A nice baker’s twine would work well on this card too.
I haven’t read any comic books in about 40 years but the little word bubble in the Snailed It stamp set makes me think of Scrooge McDuck, one of my favorites. As a beagle mom, I certainly can attest that the Beagle Boys are an accurate caricature of beagles.
Just a simple greeting done with Bermuda Bay ink finishes off this card. I’ve pulled out one of my old favorite retired colors, Island Indigo for this card because I liked the way it set off the Snail Mail paper.
May 4 New Annual Catalog Goes Live! JOIN+ Offer Starts
May 7 Paper Pumpkin Subscribe-a-thon
May 8 Open House @ the Roost from 9 am to Noon Come pick up a new catalog! Be sure to RSVP to get a goodie bag – go to robynsroost.stampinup.net/events to RSVP
May 10 Last day to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin for the Batter Up May Kit
May 12 Creative Cards Class 6:30pm to 8:30pm @ the Roost
May 13 Creative Cards Class 9:30 am to 11:30 am
May 22 Winsted Women’s Expo 9 am to 2 pm @ the Blue Note Ballroom, Winsted
May 31 JOIN + Offer Ends
Have a wonderful day!