This intricate pumpkin from the Pretty Pumpkin stamp set is beautiful done with the Joseph’s Coat Technique! We did this card at the September Creative Cards Class and was a big hit.
Basic White 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
Pumpkin Pie 8 ½” x 5 ½” Scored at 4 ¼”
Pumpkin Pie 2 7/8” x 2 7/8”
Pumpkin Pie 1” x 2 ¾”
Be Dazzling 4” x 5 ¼”
Basic Black 1 1/8” x 2 7/8”
1. Using Blending Brushes cover the Basic White card stock with Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Old Olive. Rub fairly hard and make the colors vibrant. Let dry.
2. Rub an embossing buddy all over to de-static. Stamp the Pumpkin diagonally onto the Blending Brush colored piece using VersaMark ink and sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder. Tap off excess. Heat to set with heat tool.
3. Drag the Tuxedo Black ink pad across the image to cover the entire background with black ink. (Yes, it is messy!) Once it is completely covered, use a paper towel to rub off any excess ink from the embossed image. Adhere to the Pumpkin Pie layer.
4. Die cut a pumpkin from the Be Dazzling paper from the center area that will be covered by the embossed pumpkin. Adhere this to the inside lower right corner.
5. Stamp a greeting onto the narrow Pumpkin Pie Piece and layer onto the Basic Black strip.
6. Wrap the ribbon around the Be Dazzling layer and adhere to the back. Add to card base with dimensionals. Layer on the rest of the pieces.
I just had to use the middle of the Be Dazzling paper for SOMETHING, so I die cut a pumpkin and put it on the inside. I’m sad that the Be Dazzling paper is no longer available, it was one of the items that could be earned with a $50 purchase during the Sale-a-bration Event. I hope that you already got your Be Dazzling paper. If not, use a different shinny paper for the background. The Rose Gold/ Gold Paper pack would be a good substitute.
Speaking of being out of stock, be sure to get your order in soon to take advantage of the Free Sale-a-bration items. Sale-a-bration ends September 30, but items are only available while supplies last.