This Faux Watercolor Technique is one of my favorites! Just remember that no two cards will look the same, so when you try this technique, don’t expect it to look exactly like the card shown here.
To create the Faux Watercolor panel, I started with a piece of the Fluid 100 Watercolor paper that was cut to 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. The Fluid 100 paper comes in 5″ x 7″ sheets so this gave me 4 panels to create with and fit this flower from the Wonderful World SALE-a-bration stamp set perfectly. Here are the steps used:
- Lightly spritz two pieces of the paper with water
- Ink the stamp using Ink Spots (come in Paper Pumpkin Kits or purchase empty and add ink) or Stampin’ Write Markers
- Spritz the inked stamp with water and immediately stamp onto both pieces of wet paper without reining
Play with this technique to see how much water to use for the look that you like. If you don’t like a panel, flip it over and try again on the back side.
This panel was the first stamping of this set, the first stamping with be more vibrant and will have less detail. After the panel was completely dry the greeting was added.
Here are the dimensions for the rest of the card:
- Bermuda Bay Base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- Wonderful World Designer Paper 4″ x 5 1/4″ COMES WITH THE WONDERFUL WORLD STAMP SET AS A $100 SALE-A-BRATION REWARD ITEM!!!
- Basic White 3 3/4″ x 5″ for inside of card
NOTE: All SALE-a-bration REWARDS are only available while supplies last so if you love an item, don’t wait to order! The Pool Party & Soft Sea Foam Cards & Envelopes have already run out. I would especially suggest that if you love the Hippo or Tree Lot Dies to order soon as the die sets always seem to go quickly.