Do you find masculine cards hard to make? This little card came to me when I was trying to come up with cards using the He’s All That stamp set. It’s a little mini book that fits into the 3″ x 3″ envelopes.
The Faux Leather Technique is used to distress the paper and make it look like a little leather book. My first two mini books were made bigger (3″x3″) but when I tried to put them into the little envelopes, I couldn’t get them back out, yikes! Back to the drawing board. Of course, each version looks a bit different so I will share photos of all of the variations.
- Soft Suede 2 3/4″ x 6″ Cut 2
- Crumb Cake 4 pieces cut to fit chosen greetings
- Additional pieces of He’s The Man Designer Series Paper to Decorate
- Score both pages at 2 3/4″, 3″, and 3 1/4″
- Fold on the score lines and nestle one folded page inside the other
- With the mini book closed, cut on the open end to 2 3/4″ so that the book is square
- Punch holes along the binding crease at 7/8″ and 1 7/8″
- Use blending brushes and 4 or 5 brownish ink colors to distress the papers. Start with the darkest one and finish with the lightest. Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, and Pale Papaya were used here
- Stamp the greetings onto the faux leather crumb cake pieces and add to mini book with any decorative pieces desired
- Thread ribbon through holes to hold the pages together
The He’s The Man Designer Series Paper has two sheets of fun die cuts, many of which fit perfectly in this mini book. This is one of the first mini books that I made which are 3″ x 3″. The book itself doesn’t have the faux leather technique done on it on this one. The Holy Smokes layer is 2″ square and the designer paper layer is 2 1/4″ square.
The strip on this page is 1″ x 3″ (simply cut down to 2 3/4″ for that version)
There are so many cool die cuts on the sheets in the He’s The Man DSP! I did end each book with this VW camper image.
For version 2 of the mini book card I pulled out some dies to cut the greetings. I purchase the He’s All That stamp set during the HUGE one day 15% stamp sale, so I didn’t get the coordinating die set. Hmm…might have to buy it yet. This greeting is cut with the Deckled Rectangled Dies.
This was die cut with the Layering Circles Dies and a 1/2″ strip of He’s The Man DSP.
This piece is 2″ x 1 3/8″ with a He’s The Man background.
The last page again features the VW bus, this time die cut with the Layering Circles Dies.
This final version in the 2 3/4″ square size is the one that was made in the Faux Leather Mini Book Tutorial Video. The corner protectors are cool, right?
2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ with no extra foo fa in total guy mode. This version is done, plain and simple.
2″ x 1 3/8″
Final page is again the VW on a 2 1/4″ Square.
Hope you enjoyed these little Mini Book Cards! My mind is spinning with ideas for them. Halloween cards in black, pumpkin pie and gorgeous grape with witches, cats, bats and spiders, oh my!