Watching the sunrise from my deck is one of my favorite things to do! It’s such a great way to start the day. Here is another card inspired by Ann Melvin’s Illusion cards. This one feature’s one of my favorite retiring sets the Paradise Palms. This Friday we will be leaving our winter paradise (with gorgeous but messy palms) and heading home to Minnesota (land of snow, cold, and warm family).
The designer series paper used on this card is the Delicate Desert pack. Of course, I cut the top paper the wrong direction when I cut it diagonally. I did go ahead and use it anyway. It would have been much more dramatic with the swirls going horizontal instead of vertical. Be sure to watch which direction the diagonal is cut!
The grass was die cut and then stamped. For the trees, the stamp was inked with the corner of the Sahara Sand ink pad and then the leaves were stamped with the corner of the Garden Green ink pad.
When last I checked the Paradise Palms stamp set was gone but the awesome Palms Dies were still available. This card could easily be made using the dies alone. Just use colored cardstock to make the trees.
Remember May 1 is the last to order any of the Retiring Items!!!
Circle Sizes Used Here are 3″, 2 1/2″ and 2″ for the diagonal layers and 2 1/8″ for the spotlight circle. These were done with the Stylish Shapes Die set.
- Basic White base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- 3 pieces of patterned paper 4″ x 5 1/4″ cut diagonally
- 1 piece of patterned paper for die cut circle
- Additional pieces for stamping/die cutting
1. Die cut the larges circle die from the center of the paper that will be on top. Place the circle about half way onto the long side of the paper.
2. Lay the first piece over the second layer to get the placement right for the next one, die cut the next smaller circle.
3. Continue as above with the third layer.
4. Stamp and die cut the trees and grass.
5. Die cut a small circle from one of the pattern paper designs.
6. Adhere to card and stamp greeting.
$23.00 Retired No longer availabl