Its time for another DoStamper STARS Inspiration hop. Today’s theme is something from the holiday catalog and I’ve chosen the Holly Jolly Christmas. This card was super easy to make. The only hard part is gluing the fine die cuts to the paper without leaving goobers. I used the fine tip glue pen and have found that less is more. Patience is also a virtue. Place it on to where you want it and put a clear block onto it, walk away and make a cup of tea. It takes it a little while to stick, so don’t expect instant results with the fine tip glue pen.
For the inside of the card, I used the pieces of the designer series paper that I had to cut off for the front. I hate to waste such pretty paper! Then I also added the ‘to be Jolly’ die cut greeting because these two greeting just seem to go together like cheese and crackers.
- Start with a Whisper White Thick cardbase that is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and adhere to the center of the card front.
- Cut a piece of the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere onto the basic black layer.
- Die cut all 3 of the pieces from the Jolly Season Dies set out of Basic Black Cardstock. Use a Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere.
- If you like, cut the scraps from the Feels Like Frost DSP and adhere to the inside of the cards. Add the ‘to be Jolly’ die cut to the inside of the card.
Click on the links at the bottom of the post to shop for your Holly Jolly supplies. Be sure to use hostess code WGJ2TAQV when placing an order for less than $150 to receive a free pack of embellishments from me. Remember to check out the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper special which ends on Monday, and don’t forget to take a peek at the Clearance Rack!
Be sure to check out more Stamping with the STARS inspiration (#DOswts323):
|2.||Dawn K Olchefske|
Robyn – Love that card. Makes me wish for cooler weather here in Texas.
That’s the perfect die cut for that paper! Thanks for joining in the DOstamperSTARS Stamping with the STARS #DOswts323
Good tip about the fine tip glue! Love your card, very creative!
great tip about the fine tip glue! Love your card!