The Diagonal Tuck Valentine is perfect for that special someone in your life because tucked inside is a perfect little place to add a love note.
I plan on writing a little note on each of the triangles formed by the folds. This would be a perfect spot for poetry or some sweet stamped sayings.
Here are the directions if you want to create your own love note.
1. Cut a Cardbase to 4-1/4” x 11”. Score in at 4-1/4” at one end and 1-1/2” at the other then cut diagonally in the 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” section.
2. Cut a piece of From My Heart Designer Series paper 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and cut diagonally. Adhere one triangle to the left inside of the card and the other on the diagonal front flap.
3. Fold up the bottom of the cardbase where scored and staple in two spots. Be sure to leave the right corner open so that the flap will have room to tuck in.
4.. Cut a 1 1/2″” x 4″ strip of DSP and adhere on the bottom flap. Cut a piece of whisper white 3/4″ x 2″ stamp greeting and adhere to center of bottom flap.
5. Cut a 14 – 15″ piece of ribbon and tie around bottom flap.
6. Adhere a heart doily to the flap on the front of the card, overhanging the diagonal edge. Stamp the scallop heart from the Heartfelt set with real red ink and punch with the scallop punch. Add on top of the doily with dimensionals.
7. Cut a thin piece of specialty paper or copy paper to 7 1/2″ square. Score or fold in half both ways and then diagonally. Crease the diagonal folds one direction and the straight folds the other direction so the diagonal folds will tuck into the triangle. Open the front flap on the card and adhere the folded paper to the triangle formed. Close the card and crease well. This inside pop out can be used to write a note or can be decorated.
The card can also be made with the flap on the left as on this card. For this card, I add some Shimmery Crystal Effects on the center of the stamped heart.
These are the products used on these two cards.