This flower from the Little Ladybug Sale-a-bration Hostess Rewards is a perfect stamp to use to learn how to color with Stampin’ Blends. This card is one of the cards from my Creative Cards Class this month. The flower can be done using any Light and Dark Stampin’ Blend colors that are available.
1.Cut a piece of whisper white 3 3/4″ x 5″. stamp the flower with Tuxedo Black ink. Stamp the Little Ladybug on a scrap of whisper white with the Tuxedo Black. Be careful while coloring because the background will be used too.
2. Use the Dark Stampin’ Blend Mark from your chosen color and outline all of the petals on the flower. Outline all of the lines including the ones coming from the center.
3. Next, fill in the flower petals with the light Stampin’ Blend Marker. Be sure to color over the dark Stampin Blend so that the two colors can blend.
4. Fill in the center of the flower with a dark Stampin’ Blend marker.
5. Color the leaves and stem with a green Stampin’ Blend. Use the dark green color right under the flower and where the leaves meet the stems. Then go over everything with the lighter green.
6. Cut out the completed flower with the matching ladybug die.
7. Layer a piece of Soft Sea Foam 4″ x 5 1/4″ onto a whisper white thick cardbase. Adhere the whisper white piece that the flower was cut from onto the Soft Sea Foam layer. Use dimensionals to pop up the flower in the hole that it was cut from.
8. Color the wings and back of the little lady bug with dark Cherry Cobbler Blends. Cut out using the matching die. Double layer Stampin’ Dimensionals to raise the ladybug above the flower.
9. Stamp the greetings with Tuxedo Black.
10. Stamp the row of little ladybugs twice along the top and twice along the bottom on the insie. Add the Happy Birthday greeting. Use the Dark Cherry Cobbler to color in the shells or just leave black and white.
11. Add 3 Noble Peacock Rhinestones.