I’ve had several people ask me for the directions for a Fold Back Pop Up Halloween card that I did several years ago and decided to create a new Easter card using this technique.
1. For cardbase. Start with a piece of Gorgeous Grape cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″. Fold back the front flap.
2. Cut 2 or 3 pieces of designer paper all 5 1/4″ x 1 7/8”. Cut a 2 1/4″” square of another design and cut at a diagonal, creating 2 triangles. Adhere these as shown to cardbase. (This card only has 2 of the tall DSP pieces, if you want to add a third it would be layered under the greeting piece along the fold.
3. Cut 2 large Granny Apple Green squares to 2 3/4″. Score one diagonally. Cut off one tip so that there is a 3/4″ tab to adhere to the cardbase and create the pop up feature.
4. Cut 2 whisper white squares 2 5/8″. Cut one in half diagonally. On the full square, stamp the greeting in Gorgeous Grape. To get the Happy Easter stamped as shown, ink the word happy and stamp, clean the stamp, then ink the word Easter and stamp below the Happy. Adhere to the large Granny Apple square and adhere to the inside, centered between the angled DSP paper. Stamp the sheep on the 1/2 square and color with Stampin’ Write Markers. Adhere to card with tear and tape so that the piece stands up in the center of middle folded strip.
5. Cut 2 1 3/4″ squares of Granny Apple. Cut 2 1 5/8″ white squares, stamp the bunny and chick on these. Color with Stampin’ Write Markers and adhere to Granny Apple squares. Then adhere to the front flap lining up the tips with the flap edge. Remember to only put adhesive on the left half.
To Purchase Supplies for this card, click on the links below to shop at my store. Remember that Sale-a-bration lasts until March 31. So be sure to chose your free item for each $50 of product purchased. You can see all of the free product at my store, just click on the Sale-a-bration tab.