This card looks deceptively simple on the front, but flip it open and …
see a piano keyboard! Fun, right? It does take a little bit more time and work than a normal card but it isn’t hard to do with some patience. Placing the white keys onto the black base is the hardest part. I did do some growling before I got those on evenly. My suggesting is to not rub them down but place them loosely until all of them are in place.
1. Start with a Whisper White Thick base 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 2 1/8″ X 4 1/4″.
2. Cut a piece of Birthday Bonanza DSP 5 3/8″ X 2″ and adhere to the top of the front.
3. Cut a piece of Terracotta Tile 5 1/2″ X 2 1/2″ and adhere to the bottom of the front. Add the snail to card front, not the Terracotta piece, because it will over hang the cardbase a bit.
4. Cut a piece of Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 2″. Stamp the happy birthday greeting with Terracotta ink, the music lines with Granite Gray, The notes with Tuxedo Black. Color in the heart note with a Terracotta Tile marker. Layer onto a piece of 3 3/4″ X 2 1/4″ Basic Black and center onto the Terracotta Tile layer. Add 3 Rhinestone Jewels.
5. Cut a piece of Basic Black 5 7/16″ x 2 1/8″. Cut 10 white keys 1/2″ x 2″ and adhere to the black layer, leaving a little sliver between each. Cut a 1 1/4″ strip of basic black and use the Classic Label Punch to cut 7 black keys. Adhere the black keys with mini dimensionals. Adhere to the inside bottom.
6. Stamp the inside greeting above the piano keys with Tuxedo Black.
Have you gotten all of the Sale-a-bration items on your wish list yet? Remember, tomorrow is the last day to get them! Click on the links below to start shopping. Or, if your list is SUPER long and you have all of the Sale-a-bration items that you want, opt for the STARTER KIT instead. Get $125 worth of product for $99 Plus an extra stamp set, Plus a mini trimmer, Plus a designer paper sampler AND an opportunity to start your own business and make new friends.