This bright and cheerful Whale Done Birthday card was CASE’d from fellow demonstrator Aimee Gravel. I just loved the card when she shared it on World Card Making Day!
It has a fun interactive scene on the inside, with very little stamping. The bright bold scenes from the Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper do most of the work.
This close-up shot shows the sea turtle on his pop up support tab. Both the turtle and whale were images from the Whale of a Time DSP. The turtle needed to be hand cut but the whale was punched out with the Whale Builder Punch.
Watch the Whale Done Bi-Fold Pop Up Tutorial Video for instructions.
1. Start with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Balmy Blue cardstock for the base. Score at 2 1/8 on both sides.
2. Cut 2 pieces of Whale Done paper 2″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to the front flaps.
3. Stamp the Big Deal greeting onto a piece of Balmy Blue and punch with the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch. Use the 2″ Circle Punch and cut a Just Jade circle to layer behind the greeting. Adhere to one of the front flaps and let it overhang the other. Be sure to only put adhesive on the one side.
4. For the inside of the card, cut one of the scenery designs of the Whale Done paper to 2″ x 5 1/4″ and cut the other part of the same piece to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to the card. Cut another coordinating piece 2″ x 5 1/4″ for the last flap.
5. Fussy cut a turtle from the DSP and punch a whale using the Whale Builder Punch.
6. Cut a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Balmy Blue, score at 1/2″, 2 ” and 2 1/2″. Adhere to the left card fold for the turtle and adhere the turtle.
7. Cut a 3/4″ x 3″ Balmy Blue strip for the Whale. Score at 1/2″, 1″, and 2 1/2″ and adhere to the right fold. Adhere the Whale.
8. Stamp the Birthday Fishes greeting with Misty Moonlight ink right on the DSP.