Here is the inside of the Trimming the Town card from my last blog post. Watch my Trimming the Town Pop Up Interior video for complete step-by-step instructions.
This photo shows the pop out pieces with the houses attached.
Here is another view of the pop out elements.
- Whisper white base is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″. Slice off a sliver (maybe 1/16″) from each end. (off of the short side). This will give the extra room needed for the fold.
- Cut a piece of tree covered DSP 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″and glue to the inside of the whisper white base. Trim off the top edge if it hangs over.
- Fold the base in half so that you cut through all 3 layers of paper at once. Use a cutter with a blade, not a wheel.
- Place the long, open side of the base against the trimmer ruler. Place the edge at the 4″ mark on the ruler. Cut down on the folded edge to the 3″ mark. This will make a cut that is 1 1/4″ long.
- Next, move the paper along the ruler to the 3 1/4″ mark and again cut down to the 3″ mark.
- For the third cut, move the paper along the ruler to 2 1/2″ and cut down to 2 3/4″ which will give a 1 1/2″ long cut.
- For the final cut, move the paper along the ruler to 1 1/2″ and cut down to 2 3/4″ for a 1 1/2″ long cut.
- Now you need to score between the cuts. Place the fold on the 1 1/4″ mark and score from 3 1/4 to 4″
- Move the fold to the 1″ mark and score from 2 1/2″ to 3 1/4″.
- Move the fold to the 1 1/2′ mark and score from 1 1/2″ to 2 1/2″.
- Stamp 2 houses from the Coming Home stamp set, color with Stampin’ Blends, and cut with the matching Home Together Dies.
- Glue the houses to the pop out tabs.
- Stamp the Itty Bitty Christmas greeting with Misty Moonlight ink.
- Use liquid glue and glue the pop out interior onto the cardbase with the decorated front.
Here is a photo of the front of the card. Trimming the Town Video
Product List please note that End of Year SALES prices are not show on this links but will show on your order.
Interested in a Paper Share for the January – June Mini Catalog designer series papers? For $40 (plus shipping) get a 1/4 share of each paper pack, plus 3 card kits from my Creative Cards Class To Go with designs that highlight the designer series papers. Use your own stamps, ink and adhesive.