Hello stampers! I created this fun Swinging Tent card for a Virtual Event with the DOStamperSTARS. I have been having so much fun creating cards with the Shark Frenzy Bundle. I hope that my grandsons don’t have any shark phobias because these cards are going to be Valentine cards for them.
The sharks hang on a thread and wiggle and swing when the card is moved.
The STARS JJ Mini & SAB Virtual Event showcased several items from the new catalogs. I’m going to be heading back to those videos and displays for ideas in the next month. Click here to join the group and watch the videos if you missed them. The posts will stay up in the FB group. Comment for door prizes which will be announced on Monday.
Watch the Swinging Tent Card Video Tutorial to see my contribution to the Event.
I only had 10 minutes allotted to me for the video, but I had so many ideas…for some reason these cute sharks really sparked my creativity. I now have to sit down and create more videos and blog posts to share with you, so watch for more Sharks in the future.
- Cut card stock 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5″, 5 1/2″, and 6″.
- Cut 2 pieces of the Whale Of A Time DSP 4″ x 4 3/4″. Adhere 1 to the inside and 1 to the front of the card base. Remember that the accordion fold part is the bottom of the card.
- Use the Layering Circles Dies and cut a circle from the front.
- Add a strip of Foam at the top of the inside card back right above the DSP.
- Stamp and die cut the sharks and stamp the greeting on a strip of white about 1″ x 4″ (cut the angles after its on the card)
- Tape or glue a piece of metallic thread or fish line to the backs of the sharks. Remove the protective cover from the foam strip and lay the end of the thread onto the foam adhesive. Cut off any extra ends and close the card front onto the foam adhesive.
- Place the greeting strip across the corner and cut off the ends.