Tomorrow’s the DAY that we can start ordering from the new catalog, YAY! Demonstrators have been able to order a few products for the last month to get started on displays but I’m anxious to be able to order some of the items on my WISH LIST that weren’t on the preorder. I’m holding a New Catalog Open House on Saturday and if you live in the area (Mayer, MN) I would love to have you attend. I’m feverishly working on card displays. It always seems like I have plenty of time, and then, OH NO, I’m not ready! Although, in my defense, we did have a new granddaughter to distract me.
This tent card didn’t turn out quite like I’d hoped but it does give you a good idea of what the Shimmer In Color Vellum looks like. I’ve combined the Mountain Air background trees with the greetings from the Campology stamp set with the new Beauty of Friendship stamps. The Beautiful Trees Dies were used to cut out the tree in the foreground ad the Curvy Dies were used to cut the dotted curve on the card front.
Tent Card Directions
1. Start with a card base of Thick Whisper White cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 1 3/4″, 6″, 7″, and 8″.
2. Use the Curvy Die to cut the edge on the 1 3/4″ end score section.
3. Stamp the center section or cover with designer paper.
4. Fold the score lines. Stamp the greetings . Make sure they are oriented the correct direction.
5. Die cut the tree layers.
6. Cut a piece of window sheet 5 1/2″ x 4 1/8″. Add Tear and Tape to the top and bottom flaps to adhere the window sheet. Before adhering, make sure that the window isn’t too long.
7. Glue tree onto the front of the card.