I saw this cool Fun Fold Technique on a Facebook Live done by my friend Cathy Peck and decided that I had to give it a try with the Cutest Halloween stamp set and matching Cute Halloween paper. Cathy’s card used the gorgeous Beauty of the Earth paper but, if you know me, you know that I go more for the silly and cute stuff, lol, so I chose this fun Halloween set to work with.
Once you find a designer paper to work with, just look at the coordinating colors that are listed on the back of the packaging or in the catalog and choose a cardstock for the base. Watch my Facebook Live to see the card completed.
Cardbase 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Designer Paper 4″ x 5 1/4″
White Liner 4″ X 5 1/4″
Cardstock Scalloped Circle Die Cut 2 1/2″
Basic White Die Cut Circle 2 1/4″
- Cut off a 1 1/4″ strip from the front of the card base. Score the strip at 2 3/4″, this will be the flap.
- Cut off a 1 1/4″ strip from the right side of the designer paper. Adhere the small strip to the right edge of the white liner. Adhere the large piece to the front of the card base.
- Adhere the scored cardstock strip to the back of the inside layer and then adhere to the inside of the card.
- Stamp and decorate the white circle. Adhere to the flap.
- Place the scalloped circle under the white circle and flap and adhere.
For the inside greeting, I used the Halloween definition from the Well Defined stamp set. This view also shows how the scalloped circle is adhered to the back of the flap.
After I completed the video, I just had to make two more cards using the cat and the pumpkin, they felt left out, hahaha. I wanted to make a black cat, but didn’t like the way it looked so went with an orange one instead. We have an orange barn cat named Blondie, who is my shadow when I’m out gardening, so I like orange cats too! I think I would fussy cut one of the cats from the designer paper to create a black one.
I ended up stamping the orange on the pumpkin twice to get it nice and dark and added just a brush of Wink of Stella for some sparkle.