Today’s card is one that truly tested my patience. I was hoping to do a video tutorial but I don’t think that I could edit out all of the growling that was taking place, lol. Instead I will give you a link to another paper artist’s tutorial that I used to create my box.
I made one of these a few weeks ago for my daughter’s birthday and she and her boys loved it. Her’s was done in pink leopard spots with a leopard from the retired Wild Cats Bundle on the top.
When the lid is lifted off the elastic bands make the card jump into a box facing the opposite direction. It’s pretty magical!
- Kraft Cardstock 5 pieces 3″ x 3″
- Designer Paper 5 pieces 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ to wrap around Kraft pieces
- Designer Paper 4 pieces 3″ x 3″ to cover squares with elastic
- Elastic 2 Pieces 4 1/2″ long
- Washi Tape
- Basic White Thick 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ scored at 1″ on all sides
- Designer Paper Tailor Made Tag
- Basic White Tailor Made Tag
- Inside Decoration
- Night of Navy stamp and cut two flower pots
- Night of Navy 1″ x 1″ score on parallel sides at 1/4″ to adhere two pots together to make a 3D pot
- Soft Sea Foam stamp an cut 2 flowers
- Soft Succulent cut 1 cactus
- Granny Apple Green cut 1 sprig
- Basic White stamp thanks and cut 2 labels
- Use Glue Dots to hold the elastic ends in place. Adjusting the tension on the elastic is the trickiest part
- The small ball embosser end of the Take Your Pick Tool works great for scoring
- The sharp pointy end of the Take Your Pick Tool can enlarge the elastic slots and push the elastic through the slot
- Use the 3 1″ scored pieces to glue the flower pots together to form a cute 3D flower pot for the top of the box
- Liquid Glue works great for adhering the pieces for this project
- Don’t be discouraged if your box doesn’t jump every time
Here is the link to the video tutorial that I used to create this box. I used my own measurements and changed the cake to a flower pot. Tanu Creative Jumping Explosion Box with Cake
Close up of the flower pot.