Sale-a-bration starts NOW!
If you love retro, or if you love camping the July to August Sale-a-bration catalog has a stamp set made just for you! The card that I’m sharing today is one that I created for a swap that I participated in. I didn’t use any stamps while creating this card, only dies and paper. New to stamping and wondering what the heck I’m talking about?
SWAP – just like it sounds, make a card and trade it with someone else for a card that they made. Most swaps have specific rules, like which products can be used, how many layers must be on the card, the size, it might have to have ribbon or an embellishment.
Sale-a-bration or SAB – It’s a special event that Stampin’ Up! offers twice a year. There is a special SAB catalog with items that can be earned, for free with a purchase. Some items are at the $50 level and others are $100. So if you purchase $50 of product you can choose one of the $50 level items from the SAB catalog for free. These cute Tree Lot Dies are free with a $100 order.
- Early Espresso Base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- Early Espresso Frame 5 1/4″ x 4″ Die cut with 5″ x 3 3/4″ (outside) and 4 1/2″ x 3″ (inside) Deckled Rectangle Dies
- Crumb Cake 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ Embossed with Timber 3D Embossing Folder
- Mossy Meadow 2 1/2″ x 4″ for 3 tree die cuts
- Evening Evergreen 2 1/2″ x 4″ for 3 tree outline die cuts
- Basic White 2″ x 3″ for camper die cut
- Basic Black 1 1/2′ X 1′ for dog in the window
- Vellum 1″ x 2″ for windows
- Crumb Cake 5″ x 3 3/4″ for inside liner
- Real Red 1″ x 2 1/2″ for camper details
The camper and the frame are popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. A Black Stampin’ Write Marker was used to color the tire, hitch and door handle. To make it quicker, when die cutting for 21 cards, the papers were cut into strips so that multiple images could be die cut at once. Either the Fine Tipped Glue Pen or the Multipurpose Liquid Glue work well for adhering the die layers together. A silicone sheet under the pieces helps avoid glue disasters, simply clean the silicone sheet when it gets too sticky. This swap required embellishments, so I added the 3 Matte Dots to meet the requirement.
The card was left without a greeting, but it could easily have a Christmas, Birthday, Retirement or Just Because greeting popped up on dimensionals across the top. This card was super fun to make!
The Tree Lot Dies does have a matching stamp set in the July to December Mini Catalog on page 39 called Trees for Sale. The cost is $22 for the stamp set and the Tree Lot Dies are a $100 Level SAB Reward. So purchase the supplies to make this card and earn the Tree Lot Dies for FREE!