The Carved Wood Technique uses embossing folders in a different way, sort of backwards. Rather than using the popped up side of the embossed design this method uses the back or recessed side instead.
I chose to use fall colors for my card today because I’m working on a Baker’s Dozen Challenge for the DOstamperSTARS group that I am part of. If you join my Hollywood Stamper Chicks you would also become part of the STARS group and could participate in challenges and other fun events. If this sounds interesting check out the Starter Kit or send me an email with any questions that you have. Right now, during SALE-a-bration there is an extra Planner Kit included in the Starter Kit to get you organized, and of course all of the regular business supplies.
This close up shows how the embossed image look similar to wood burning or carving on a piece of wood. Here are the basic techniques to create this look:
- Score a piece of cardstock every 1/2″
- Drag a dry (not juicy) ink pad lightly across the scored paper
- Run through an embossing folder with the Stampin’ Up! logo down, paper front up or make sure that the raised part of the embossing folder is pushing DOWN into the front of the paper
- Drag a second ink pad lightly across the embossed image
- Use to complete a card
The little dots on the orange strip are actually holes, created by one of the dies in the Sentiment Silhouette Dies which coordinates with the Charming Sentiments stamp set. This fun bundle takes the fussy cutting out of these cool sentiment stamps plus adds in some fun dies like this little border, a candle, flowers, hearts and stars. Best of all when you buy them together in a bundle you save 10%! Be sure to watch this card being created on my Carved Wood Technique Video Tutorial.
Here are the paper dimensions used on this card:
- Crushed Curry Base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- So Saffron 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic Black 3/4″ x 4″
- Pumpkin Pie 1/2″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla scrap for getting
Product List – Remember it’s still SALE-a-bration time and each $50 purchase earns a FREE goodie from the SALE-a-bration catalog!