I love a card that generates a smile or laugh and this card definitely does that with this chomping shark and the little fish behind him in the shaker card.
To make a chomping shark, stamp the large shark from the Shark Frenzy stamp set and cut with the matching die. Use a scissors and start at the tip of his nose and cut around the teeth, then cut straight across to right above the lower fin. On the lower body portion, cut off the jagged edge where the teeth were removed, so that his lower jaw is just smooth. Now you can adhere your chomping shark to your card, biting whatever he wants.
Card base: 8 1/2/ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Layer One: 4″ x 5 1/4″
Window Sheet and Designer Paper: 1 each 3 3/4″ squares
Designer Paper 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Adhere the larger DSP layer to Layer One card stock and use a 3″ to cut a circle thru both the DSP and the card stock.
- Adhere the window sheet to the back over the hole.
- Place a Foam Strip around the edge of the circle on top of the window sheet, and place small piece on the bottom corners.
- Adhere the square DSP onto the card base towards the top half of the base so that it will show through the window.
- Place a pile of little fish in various colors or sequins or beads, whatever you want to shake, in a pile in the center of the card base front.
- Remove the protective film from the foam strips and carefully align over the card front.
- Place the shark and greeting on the front.
Be sure to watch my Chomping Shark Video to see this card come together.
Remember to check out the FREE Sale-a-bration items before finalizing your order! Get one item for each $50 purchase or choose from the two great items that are at the $100 level.