I CASE’d this card from one of my downlines customers, Sheila. I thought it was such a cute idea if you have anyone whose job requires them to wear a uniform. The colors and details could be changed to match the recipients uniform.
This is one of the three cards from my May Creative Cards Class. I do have a couple of extra tips for putting it together after doing it with several people. First make sure that you lay out all the pieces in a trial run before gluing so that everything fits. Make sure that the white ‘v’ is covered by the tie. Next, put the tie clip on first before gluing the tie down so the you can trim off the excess. Same for the navy bars on the pockets. The collar is very delicate so handle it carefully, if it tears, it can be adhered as two pieces. Glue down the white shirt ‘v’, then the navy bars and then the tie and collar at the same time so that they are correctly aligned. Liquid glue gives a bit more wiggle room than tape runners.
Here are the directions from my Creative Cards Class.
1. Start with a Misty Moonlight base cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”.
2. Cut a v of white using the v shaped Suit & Tie Die. Adhere to the center of the card front.
3. Using the long narrow die, cut 2 pieces of Night of Navy. Cut 2 – 1 ½” pieces and adhere along the top edge. On each side of the white piece.
4. Die cut 2 pockets of Misty Moonlight. Add a strip of the Night of Navy pieces across the top of each pocket and cut to fit. Adhere to card. Cut a third Night of Navy strip the same length and place over one pocket.
5. Using the die, cut a tie from Night of Navy.
6. Use the die to cut out a collar of Misty Moonlight. Adhere the collar and tie.
7. Cut a set of buttons, the small bar, and a small star (Stitched Stars Dies or a punch) from Gold Fold and adhere to decorate.
8. Cut a Night of Navy button and add to bottom of card, under the tie.
9. Place a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White on the inside of the card and add a greeting.
Here is the supply list used to create this card. Click on the links to purchase from my store.