Today I’m creating a Gnome home with a fun Tower Fold card featuring the Rustic Nature Designer Series Paper and of course, the Storybook Gnomes DSP too!
I’ll give you the paper dimensions but I think the easiest way to learn how to create this card base is to to see it done so I’ve created a Gnome Tower Card Tutorial for you to watch.
- Crumb Cake Base 8 1/4′ X 5 1/2
- Rustic Nature DSP Upright strips 7/8″ x 5 1/2″
- Rustic Nature DSP top and bottom strips 3/4″ x 4″
- Rustic Nature DSP center strip 1 1/4″ x 4″
- Center Rustic Nature DSP 2 1/8″ x 3 1/2″ (mine was cut with the Deckled Rectangle Die)
Tower Base Scoring
- Score on the long side at 1″, 2″, and 3″
- Flip (still on the long side), score again at 1″, 2″, and 3″
Tower Base Cutting
- On the short side, cut at 1″ from the first score line through the second score line and stop at the third score line. Do not cut the center area between the third and forth score lines. Make a second cut from the forth score line through the fifth score line, stopping at the sixth score line.
- Repeat the above steps at 2″
- Flip to the other side of the base and repeat at 1″
- Repeat again at 2″ on this side.
Fold so that the first, third and fifth strips are popped up and the second, and forth strips are popped back. This is much easier to see in the video than to explain with words, lol.
If you have the Gnome Dies you can use them to cut this little guy out of the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper, but I don’t have that set so I had to fussy cut my little gnome. The hey, there, greeting is from the Charming Sentiments stamp and was cut with the coordinating Sentiments Dies, YAY, I have those.
Watch for more information not this virtual event! Set aside October 1 from 3 to 6 PM (CT).